Queercents Weekly Roundup: Bank Concerns Meet Sunshine and Happiness
If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you will have noticed the demise of IndyMac, which seems to only be exacerbating financial concerns. There’s been a lot of speculation as to how far reaching this will eventually be, but for now, here are some links that will keep you covered in case you have any concerns.
- If you’re worried about your bank, here’s FDIC 101. (Read it at Kiplinger)
- If you’re unlucky enough to have had money in IndyMac, Xin Lu posts what to do if your bank failed. (Read it at WiseBread)
- So you have some time on your hands and you think maybe some of what’s going on right now looks familiar. I Hate Debt has a history of Debt in America. (Read it at I Hate Debt)
- For the quick picture version, Consumerist offers side-by-side photos of now and a hundred years ago. (Read it at Consumerist)
- Maybe it’s just the abundance of summer sunshine that has been thinking about happiness, but Zen Habits Happiness Guide is a good bell of mindfulness for simple ways to increase your happiness. (Read it at Zen Habits)
- And the Happiness Project offers some ways to understand what kind of shopper you are. (Read it at the Happiness Project)
- For those anticipating L Word withdrawl after the sixth and final season, there may be hope. (Read it at After Ellen)
Queercents flashback: Adam and environmentalism.