Queercents Weekly Roundup
Happy Saturday readers. When next you hear from me I’ll be on the left coast in the sunny Bay Area! Of course, now I have to go through all of the bike packing and shipping nonsense so I hope your weekends are more fun-filled than mine promises to be. While I go put my life in boxes, here’s the roundup.
- It’s that time of year again. If you’re starting college or moving into a different dorm Design Your Dorm takes the guessing out of moving in. If you’re moving into an apartment, I hear using SIMS actually works really well for determining the most space-efficient layout. (Read it at Design Your Dorm via Lifehacker)
- Many of my little brother’s (I suppose I should say younger, much taller brother’s) friends are heading off to college for the first time and it has invoked in me a need to dispense sage advice. Or links. Check out Trent’s suggestion to reduce dorm room clutter. (Read it at The Simple Dollar)
- Speaking of preventing clutter, check out these five things to consider when purchasing a new item. (Read it at Do It Yourself)
- Lifehacker has an overview on how to generate PDFs and multi-article books from Wikipedia. Definitely useful if you need to do some off-line viewing. (Read it at Lifehacker)
- Do you read the fine print? You should. Get Rich Slowly discusses a website called Mouse Print that examines the fine print for various contracts and there are some surprises buried in the text they look at, like agreeing to a 9.99 monthly fee. (Read it at Get Rich Slowly)
- A la Moorea’s economic stimulus plan, if you recycle your sex toys you can get a voucher for a discount off a new one. (Read it at Consumerist)
Queercents flashback: Speaking of sex toys, Serena posts on how to keep things interesting with DIY sex toys. Mmm more reason for me to love DIY.
Photo Credit: Stock Xchng