Queercents Weekly Roundup
Happy Saturday readers! I hope you all have exciting or relaxing (or both) plans for your weekend. I’m still having fun moving into a new place and exploring. Just as a fun flashback, here’s a pic from Dykes on Bikes from NYC Pride.
- The Simple Dollar has a list of 12 clever substitutions that save money (nearly) effortlessly. I’m a big fan of this list not only because it saves money but because it cuts down on the harsh chemicals you’re using. (Read it at The Simple Dollar)
- Thinking about that new _____? Check out this flowchart for evaluating a potential purchase? (Read it at Get Rich Slowly)
- Razors can get expensive if you’re replacing them all the time. Here’s a quick and easy way to extend the life of your razor. (Read it at Lifehacker)
- Dumb Little Man has a bold list of things you never need to pay full price for. (Read it at Dumb Little Man)
- Health Care seems to be on a lot of people’s minds, particularly with marches in Washington this weekend and Lana’s great post on Canadian Health Care. Every now and then it’s fun to inject a little levity into the debate, so here’s a breakdown of the differences between Canadian and British Health Care. (Read it at Five Thirty Eight)
- Tax Girl has a great post on the tax aspects of gay marriage. Thanks Helen! (Read it at Tax Girl)
Queercents Flashback: Are you a renter? Here are five ways to get your security deposit back.
Photo Credit: Elizabeth Byrne