About Queercents and LGBT Consumers
Queercents aggregates financial tips from the distinct voices of several queer money writers. Until now, entertainment and political sites have dominated the LGBT blogosphere. Queercents provides an alternative platform for advertisers who want to promote financial products and services in a relevant environment.
Queercents readers have a vested interest in personal finance. Translation: our readers are affluent or striving for affluence. We can connect companies with LGBT consumers who are actively thinking about money and savings for themselves or their families.
Recent surveys by Harris Interactive and Witeck-Combs Communications found that twice as many lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as straight people visit blogs, and nearly twice as many visit daily. They are more likely to buy from advertisers who reach out specifically to the LGBT community. LGB respondents also have more positive reactions to blog advertising, by more than two to one.
Site Statistics, Demographics and Advertising Rates
The site has surpassed 750,000 visitors since launching in April 2006.
Demographics (Click to learn about our readers)
Advertising Rates (Click to inquire)
We offer different forms of advertising including leaderboards, banners, box ads, skyscraper ads and any sort of custom site sponsorship that you can imagine. Just ask and we’ll talk money! To contact us about advertising email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Who thought I would be addicted to a blog about finance? But I love this blog. Queercents offers great tips for getting out of debt, investing, retirement and dealing with money in relationships. But my favorite thing about the blog is its Ten Money Questions, where they ask celebrities different questions about how money has impacted their lives. Brilliant.”
- Kathy Belge at About.com
- “Queercents helps the LGBT community navigate the complexities of personal finance with their daily life-style oriented money tips.”
- Gina Trapani at Lifehacker.com
- “There’s a little something at Queercents for everyone, from advice on philanthropy to picking a financial planner to cheating on your taxes. (I don’t want to spoil it for you, but they’re against it.) My favorite section? Sleeping With Money, devoted to managing money and your romantic relationships.”
- Sarah Warn at AfterEllen.com
- “Queercents is a unique community blog that offers thoughtful advice on finances, taxes, savings, and more, from a queer perspective. I appreciate the writers’ insight and approachability.”
- Andrea Dickson at Wise Bread
- “Queercents offers an insightful and interesting perspective on money issues, one that I enjoy on a daily basis and regularly share with my readers.”
- Trent Hamm at The Simple Dollar